Interested in managing or coaching a team next season? Still on the fence? Take a minute to think about the reward you'll be providing the young men and women in our league. Being able to influence a young player to have the best opportunity at success is the greatest gift an adult can give. Take a minute and fill out the COACHES VOLUNTEER APPLICATION below, you'll thank yourself for doing so!
Manager Commitment and Background Checks
As a manager for PLL you will be expected to satisfy several requirements:
- Attend Manager Meeting(s) prior to start of the season.
- Participate in PLL functions such as Opening Day, Challenger Day, End of the Season Celebration.
- Handle administrative requirements of the team.
- Attend tryouts and draft team (Single A thru Juniors Only).
- Select a Team Parent
- Take responsibility of equipment issued to you by PLL.
- Participate in Tournament Team and Manager selection (for players age 9 and older).
- Learn and abide by Little League International Rules and Regulations, as well as PLL Local League Rules.
- Promote safety, sportsmanship and league camaraderie.
- Encourage appropriate level skill improvement.
- Represent PLL in a positive manner at all times.
COACHES RESOURCE CENTER...great coaching starts here!
Authorization to Conduct Background Check
Little League requires that background checks be conducted for all Managers, Coaches and Team Volunteers. By submitting this signed application you authorize Placentia Little League Board of Directors to conduct a background check, which may include a review of sex offender registries, child abuse and criminal history records and checking with any players and/or their parents who have been on team you have coached and/or managed in the past. In addition to this Manager Application, the Little League Volunteer Application must also be completed.
Completed application will be reviewed by the Placentia Little League Board of Directors for approval and team assignments. Placentia Little League appreciates the importance of the Manager role as a position of trust and responsibility in Little League. Acceptance of an appointment as a manager in Placentia Little League constitutes a contract with the players, parents and other managers, other coaches, umpires and league officials to demonstrate your appreciation of the philosophy of Little League and cooperation with others in making the program benefit all who participate.
All volunteers will be checked against a national sex offender registry, as required by Little League International. The protection of Placentia Little League participants is and will continue to be of the upmost importance to the league.
**REQUIRED BY ALL VOLUNTEERS**
ALL VOLUNTEERS (Managers, Coaches, Team Parents and Umpires) are required to complete a LITTLE LEAGUE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION each year! Please click on the link below and complete the application.
Completed applications, along with a copy of your DRIVERS LICENSE and SOCIAL SECURITY CARD is a MANDATORY requirement of Little League International. Without these items volunteers will not be able to participate.
Completed volunteer applications along with copy of your drivers license and social security can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
650 Rose Drive #466
Placentia, CA 92870